Every now and then we may come across a situation when we want to convert a Word file to Pdf (Portable Document Format) file. Sometimes you may want to send a resume or any other confidential data to someone that needs no alteration. In this case, PDF is an exclusive choice. Likewise, we may want to convert a Pdf file to Word file in some scenarios. Here are a few ways to convert your Word to Pdf and vice versa. Here are the methods to do these conversions irrespective of internet availability.
Offline Converting Methods
If you want to do the conversion without an internet connection, here are the ways.
Convert Word to Pdf offline
To convert any Word file into Pdf file without an internet connection, try any one of the below methods.
1. Using Microsoft Office (MS Word)
Using MS Word is one of the easiest ways to convert a Word file into Pdf format.
- Open the Word file that you want to convert to Pdf in MS Word application.
- Go to File -> Save As and browse for a location where the file is to be saved.
- In the Save As dialog box, enter a file name and select PDF (*.pdf) from “Save as type” field.
- Then click Save button and the file automatically gets converted into Pdf format.
2. Using Apache Open Office (Writer)
Open Office is a free Office software and one of the best alternatives for MS Office. The Open Office Writer has built-in feature to export a Word document as Pdf.
- Open the document in Open Office Writer.
- Go to the File menu and select “Export as PDF”.
- In the Export dialog, enter a file name and hit Save button.
Convert Pdf to Word offline
If you want to convert a Pdf file into Word file offline, try any of the below ways.
1. Using Nitro
Nitro is a professional and powerful Pdf editor application for PC. It also has a web version. Nitro Pro is a paid tool and offers a free trial for 14 days. To convert a pdf file to word using Nitro, follow the below steps.
- Download Nitro Pro and install it into your PC.
- Open Nitro Pro, go to Home tab and click Convert -> To Word.
- In the Convert PDF to Word dialog, click Add Files and select the Pdf files to convert.
- Select the output folder and click the Convert button.
Note: Nitro offers an online Pdf to Word converter tool at free of cost (up to 50 pages or 5 MB).
2. Using Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free and renowned Pdf reader application. Its paid version named Acrobat Pro DC supports creating, signing, sharing, editing, converting, and exporting PDF files across desktop, mobile and web platforms. Acrobat Pro DC free trial version is available for 7 days. To convert a Pdf file into Word in Acrobat Pro DC, follow the below steps.
- Download and install Acrobat Pro DC.
- Open the Pdf file in Acrobat Pro DC.
- Go to the File menu and select Convert to Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
Save as plain text in Adobe Acrobat
You can convert a Pdf file into a plain text file (*.txt) using Adobe Acrobat Reader free version. To do this go to File -> Save as Text… If you use this option the images, hyperlinks and all text formattings will be removed. This is equivalent to copy the text from Pdf and paste it into a Word file.
Online Converting Methods
The below methods are for online conversions. If you are in a hurry and don’t have enough time to install any software on your computer. Or if you are using your friend’s or a public computer and it doesn’t have the above apps. You cannot install too. The below methods are useful in such cases.
Convert Word to Pdf – Online
Here are the ways to convert any Word file into Pdf file online.
1. Using Google Docs
Google Docs is a cloud-based Office app where you can store documents and edit online. Google Docs provides an option to convert a word document to Pdf. Achieve it using the below steps.
- Upload the word document from your computer to Google Drive by either using the Upload option or drag and drop.
- Do a double mouse click on the file to preview it.
- Click “Open with Google Docs” on the top of the preview page. Now the file gets opened in Google Docs.
- Click File -> Download -> PDF Document (.pdf).
2. Using Small Pdf
Small Pdf is a web-based Pdf portal which has numerous Pdf tools online. To convert a word document into Pdf file, follow the below steps.
- Open PDF Converter page from Smallpdf in a web browser.
- Drag and drop your word file into the file upload area and wait for a few seconds.
- Click the Download button to download the file in Pdf format.
Convert Pdf to Word- Online
If you want to convert a Pdf file into Word file online, try any of the below ways.
1. Using FreePdfConvert.com
FreePdfConvert.com is an online Pdf portal that provides a lot of Pdf editing tools on the web.
- Go to FreePdfConvert.com and upload the Pdf file.
- In the Select Converter box, click To Word and wait for few seconds.
- Click the Download button to begin the download.
2. Using SmallPdf
To convert a Pdf file into Word file using SmallPdf, follow the below steps.
- Go to PDF to Word Converter page of SmallPdf.
- Upload the Pdf file and wait for a few seconds.
- Select Convert to Word and click Choose Option button.
- Click the Download button to get the Word file.
Convert to Word with OCR in SmallPdf
There is an option for “Convert to Word with OCR” in Small Pdf. This is useful if you try to convert a scanned Pdf file into a Word file. OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is an electronic conversion process that extracts the text from an image or a scanned document. This is a paid feature in SmallPdf.