You can explore your business relationships and for any kind of endeavor in just a few clicks with a Facebook page. Facebook pages are very helpful in digitalizing your shopfront and to showcase your talents. Do you know? In a recent analysis by Shopify, Facebook is the primary inherent to drive sales digitally.
Facebook profiles can be private but pages are generally kept public. To Err is Human. Even if you are great at your business, occasionally you may want to fix your errors for improvements. Here are a few ways to delete your Facebook pages.
Delete a Facebook page
You must feel privileged to be a page admin because only you can disable your Facebook page. You can disable a Facebook page in two ways.
- Unpublish (deactivate temporarily)
- Delete (deactivate permanently)
- Unpublish will not delete the Facebook page but simply hides it from the visitors (like deactivating the page temporarily).
- Once you choose to unpublish, the page is immediately hidden.
- All the page contents including photos, videos, posts, and polls will remain hidden.
- Only admins are provisioned to view an unpublished Facebook page. No other Facebook users can view the page and its posts, even if they are already following the page.
- You can publish the unpublished page at any time desired.
- Once an unpublished page is published, the page can be immediately accessed by any Facebook user.
- All the existing content of the page will be made accessible to Facebook users.
- You can publish and unpublish a Facebook page any number of times.
- Deleting a page is permanent and cannot be undone.
- If you delete your page, all its contents including photos, videos, posts, messages, and other files are deleted permanently.
- Admins or any other Facebook users cannot access a deleted page or any of its posts.
- If you request Facebook to delete your Facebook page, the page will not be deleted immediately.
- Facebook will give you 14 days waiting period to reconsider your decision.
- Even after the deletion request, the page remains visible to the audience for the next 14 days. You can choose to unpublish the page first and then request for deletion to limit the page visibility.
- You can cancel your deletion request within 14 days.
Want to delete your Facebook account? Try this: How to Delete Facebook Account? [Permanently or Temporarily in PC, Android, iPhone]
Unpublish and Publish a Facebook page
Follow the below steps to unpublish a Facebook page or publish an unpublished Facebook page.
- Go to your page and click Settings on the top-right corner.
- On the General page, click Edit on Page Visibility.
- Select the Checkbox before Unpublish Page or Publish Page.
- Click the Save Changes button.
On Android App:
- Open the Facebook app and go to your page that you want to publish or unpublish.
- Tap the More button and select the Edit Page option.
- Go to Settings -> General.
- Navigate down to Page Visibility.
- Select Unpublish or Publish.
On iPhone App
- Open your page on the Facebook app.
- Tap the Settings icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap General on the Settings page.
- Scroll down to the Page visibility.
- Tap Publish or Unpublish.
Delete a Facebook page permanently
Follow the below steps to permanently delete a Facebook page.
- Go to your page on a web browser and click on Settings.
- Go to the General tab and click on Remove Page.
- Then click Delete [page name].
- On the confirmation popup, click the Delete Page button.
- Facebook immediately confirms that the page entered deletion mode.
On Android App:
- Open your page in the Facebook app.
- Tap on More and tap Edit Page.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Remove Page.
- Tap Delete [page name].
- Tap the Delete Page button on the confirmation screen. Now the page entered the deletion mode.
On iPhone App
- Open the Facebook app and go to the page you want to delete.
- Tap the Settings icon and then tap General.
- Navigate down to the Remove Page section.
- Tap Delete [page name] and confirm to delete the page.
Cancel the page deletion
You can cancel the page deletion within 14 days to retain your page alive. Go to your page on PC or mobile app within the 14 days window and click Cancel Deletion. Confirm to cancel your page deletion.
Your page deletion is canceled.