There are so many options available to download YouTube videos for free into your local memory device. Downloading from YouTube can be done with or without additional software. Y2mate.com is one of the famous websites that allows you to download YouTube videos online. There are a lot of YouTube video downloaders available on the net. Y2mate has its own advantages over others. They are
- Y2mate allows unlimited downloads free of cost.
- It has a built-in video format converter that works pretty fast than any other online video converter. You can convert a YouTube video into mp3 and download it.
- You do not need to register yourself with Y2mate for using their service. No junk mails, no forgot password turnarounds or blah blah.
- Y2mate allows users to download videos from Facebook, Dailymotion, and Instagram as well.
- They have browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
Downloading YouTube videos using Y2mate
Downloading a YouTube video using Y2mate is quite straight forward and too simple to grasp. Here are the ways to download YouTube videos on PC, Android, and iPhone using Y2mate.
Want to download videos from Facebook? It is simple. Try this: How to download Facebook videos? [PC, Android, iPhone]
Download YouTube video on PC
You do not need to download and install any software into your PC to download YouTube videos with a Y2mate YouTube downloader. Follow the below steps to download any YouTube video using Y2mate.
- Copy the video URL that you intend to download.
- Go to the Y2mate YouTube Downloader page on a web browser.
- Paste the copied URL into the URL box and click Start. Wait for a few seconds while Y2mate is fetching download links for the video.
- Y2mate will list out all the available video qualities with a Download button for each. Click any one of the buttons you want to download. Wait for a few seconds to download get started.
Download from Browser’s Address bar
Another easy way to download a YouTube video on Y2mate is by appending pp to youtube in your web browser’s address bar. This will lead directly to the Y2mate video download page. You do not need to copy and paste the link in this method. Here are the steps to follow in this method.
- Open the video that you wish to download on YouTube.
- Append pp to the address following to youtube (like in the screenshot below) and press Enter key. Your website gets redirected to the video download page automatically.
- Click the Download button to start the downloading process.
Download using browser extension
Y2mate browser extensions are available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once you install the extension, you get a Download button below any YouTube video on YouTube site. You can download the video by simply clicking the button. This method is highly recommended if you frequently download YouTube videos.
To install the extension into your browser click Install Extension button from the bottom-right corner of the Y2mate site.
Download YouTube video on Android
Y2mate allows you to download YouTube video from an Android device too.
Download using Chrome
Steps are similar to what is specified under “Download YouTube video on PC”.
- Copy the video URL that you want to download.
- Go to Y2mate on Chrome.
- Paste the copied URL in the URL box and click Go button.
- Click the download button to download the video and save it to your gallery.
- You can also search for videos with keywords in the URL box.
Download using app
Y2mate app is not published on Play Store due to Google’s policy. Google doesn’t encourage users to download YouTube videos for copyright concerns. But you can download Y2mate’s apk directly from their site and install into your Android device. Though they claim their app is safe and secure, it should be installed at your risk, it’s just up to you to install it or not.
Follow the below steps to install Y2mate into your Android device. These steps are similar to install any apk to an Android device that is not available on Play Store.
- Go to your phone’s Settings->Security->More and enable Install apps from external sources or unknown sources (this is one-time process, you do not have to repeat this step to install any other apk)
- Download Y2mate apk here. Ignore the warnings, if any.
- Go to downloads folder in your File Manager. Locate the apk file and open it to install. The file usually has the name as y2mate-downloader-vxx.apk.
Open the app once the installation is complete. Their UI is quite similar to YouTube app. Search for the video that you want to download and tap on it. You will see the download button below the video. Tap it to go to the download page.
Download YouTube video on iPhone
Like Android, there is no direct path to download a YouTube video on iPhone or iPad. But no worries please, there is a workaround to achieve it. Follow the below steps to download a YouTube video on iPhone and save it to the Camera Roll. You need an app named Documents by Readdle for this.
- On your iPhone, go to App Store and install the app named Documents by Readdle. This app is a File Manager with a built-in web browser that helps users to download YouTube videos.
- Copy the YouTube video URL of your choice into the device clipboard.
- Open the Documents by Readdle app and tap the browser icon from the bottom-right corner of the app
- Go to Y2mate.com on the browser and paste the copied URL into the URL box. Then tap the Go button to get to the download video page.
- Select the video format and tap the Download button to start the download. Then tap on Save.
- Tap the Downloads icon to see the download status.
- Once the download is finished, tap on Documents to see the downloaded file. Move the file to the ‘All Photos’ folder.
- Finally, open your iPhone’s Photos app and tap the play option of the downloaded video.
Feel free to comment if you face any difficulty in downloading a YouTube video. We will help by clarifying your queries.